I can cut wing rib notches for 3/8 x 1/2 balsa spars as noted on the plan, or for 3/8 x 3/8 hard wood. Please specify.
The following modifications have been implemented in my kit:
- I’ve added a 1/4″ dihedral brace on the back of the leading edge in the center section and trimmed the center section ribs accordingly.
- The plywood fuselage top overlaps Former C instead of butting into the front of it.
- Turtle deck bulkheads are cut from lite ply to avoid splicing.
- Fuselage sides are lengthened 1/4 inch so they are flush with the front of the firewall. Firewall is narrower to fit between the fuselage sides.
- Fin and rudder are cut from two layers of 3/16 balsa to be laminated to make 3/8. Please note that the joints in the two layers don’t line up with each other.
- Leading edge bulkhead is included. 3/4 balsa chin plate butts against it. Use the lower part of the bulkhead as a sanding guide to form the outline of the chin plate.